How is it possible to survive as an artist in 2018? These 10 recent publications from RE/Search give clues about how others are doing it, direct from the source.
The package contains the following books:
- Lydia Lunch (V. Vale interviews Lydia Lunch – one of our most prolific and infamous counterculture icons – about how she organizes her life to keep creating so much.)
- Ed Hardy (The world’s most famous tattoo artist talks to V. Vale about his life as an artist and his personal philosophy. A concentrated dose of inspiration and motivation for any artist.)
- Henry Rollins (One of Punk’s most enduring and outspoken artists talks to V. Vale about life as a touring musician, photographer, archivist and writer.)
- Penny Rimbaud (Best known as a co-founder of U.K. group Crass, Penny Rimbaud is at heart a philosopher and seeker of the secrets of life and philosophy. Penny reveals the interior process behind his creative output.)
- George Kuchar (George – along with his brother, Mike – inspired hundreds of filmmakers with his relentless output over six decades – always with minimal resources and maximal imagination. A major inspiration on John Waters.)
Also included are these long-form zines:
- A Visit From Mike Watt (V. Vale interviews this prolific musician – co-founder of the Minutemen, member of The Stooges from 2003-2013, The Secondmen, and many others)
- A Visit To Diane di Prima (A source of inspiration and instruction for eight decades – V. Vale interviews this Beat Generation original)
- A Visit From Monte Cazazza (One of the big mysteries of the RE/Search canon – it is a miracle that Monte survives and continues to work today, integrity more or less in tact.)
- Search for Weird: A V. Vale biography comic by Krusty Wheatfield (Interviews with V. Vale on his life as a counterculture publisher, writer, interviewer and historian – in comic form! )
- Terminal Punk: Punk Philosophy by V. Vale (Philosophical reflections and rules to live by from countercultural anthropologist V. Vale.)
For a limited time these publications are available in a specially priced package. Consider this a post-graduate course in artist survival.