TO RECEIVE LAST-MINUTE LOCAL S.F. BAY AREA NEWS OF RE/SEARCH-recommended EVENTS, reply to this newsletter & in subject line write “local subscribe”____________________<strong>—–
SPONSORSHIP NEEDED!</strong> We are Offering a Few Sponsorships So This Newsletter Can Ensure Continuance. For just $12 per month, you can be one of our sponsors! We ask for a 6-month minimum. If someone is willing to paypal us $72, they will receive a SPONSOR CREDIT and a WEBSITE LISTING plus space for a small message. Sign up for 6 months for $72, $144 for a year, etc. Please patronize our sponsors — listed at end!
<strong>SPECIAL REQUEST: At your local library, please ask the librarian to order all of the RE/SEARCH books!</strong>
<strong>TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1A. NEW FROM RE/SEARCH: Penny Rimbaud, 300 copies made. Monte Cazazza Zine (a few left)
3. FORTHCOMING EVENTS: Jan 29-Feb 1: RE/Search will be at LAABF w/YES Press: come meet us!
4. OUR PAST LIFE: Zines, etc we received. CoppolaFest. ZineFests!
5. Recommended Links – send us some!
7. Letters from Readers
8. Sponsors (Check ’em out! – they make this possible!)
</strong>————–please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your WHITE LIST in your email preferences, or to your ADDRESS BOOK. If you change your email, send it plus your “old” email address to delete. Lastly, forward our newsletter to your friends! If you are on AOL, please make sure you can receive our newsletter—we get the most returns from addresses at AOL, Hotmail, Comcast and Yahoo! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
<strong>1. MESSAGE FROM YOUR EDITOR: <strong> Having been under the weather, rather than write an “editorial” we thought we’d present Excerpts from our new book: PENNY RIMBAUD, drummer/poet/founder of the proto-Punk band CRASS. [Note: Gee Vaucher also appears in the book] Actually, our intern Gloria K picked out some of her favorite parts (after all, nobody can edit themselves):
() NOTE: Our DATING A.I. book on Artificial Inteligence predated the movie HER w/Joaquin Phoenix. In other words, it’s ahead of its time. So is our book on futuristic biotech: On Intercourse and Intracourse, by monochrom.
() You can now get shipped the MONTE CAZAZZA zine (limited edition, not many copies left!, with 8.5×11″ collage reproduction suitable for framing, signed by Monte Cazazza. Price a whopping $25 (plus $5 shipping; just PayPal $30 to: email@example.com). Why? To benefit RE/Search, of course! Look at it this way: you’re buying the signed piece of art, and getting the 64-page limited publication gratis! Monte Cazazza is one of the big mysteries in the RE/Search canon, and we think it is a miracle he has survived to this day, integrity more-or-less intact! Learn & Destroy… NOTE: Overseas orders add $5 MORE SHIPPING. CALIF residents add 8.75% tax ($2.19).
The Counter Culture Hour (aka RE/SEARCH TV) is also simulcast ON-LINE as well as on cable access San Francisco Channel 29 — 6pm Pacific Time, Sat Jan 10, 2015. – see this link at broadcast time: http://www.bavc.org/channel29 You need a fairly decent internet connection and computer to “get it.” USA west coast: 6:00 PM Sat JAN 10, 2015 USA; east coast: 9:00 PM Sat JAN 10, 2015. Tokyo: 10:00 AM Sunday, JAN 11, 2015 If you cannot get this online email us at firstname.lastname@example.org See RE/Search channel on youtube: “researchpubs”
<strong>3. FORTHCOMING EVENTS (San Francisco </strong>unless Otherwise Noted)</strong>
PASTTIME PARADISE, STEVIE WONDER
“Thank you so much for showing up and chatting with me for a bit, it was so perfect for the ethos of the event. I hope to see you soon — Dena Beard, director of The Lab, San Francisco”
“Still love Crumb, have become a huge fan of Drew Friedman.
“Have you been listening to Gilbert Gottfried’s podcast? It’s the funniest thing I’ve heard, great entertainment for long car rides, etc. I can’t tell if he does a terrific job of always being in character, or is just simply obnoxious. <g> Actually, he seems like a brilliant artist who uses B-movies and schlock culture as a gateway into the American psyche. And he knows and respects traditional American entertainers, as he destructs them. Never fails to get a mention in about the size of Milton Berle’s “unit,” and has some delightful riffs on Danny Thomas and Paul Lynde. Great interviews, Roger Corman, etc.”
If you would like to subscribe, we ask for a 6-month minimum of $72. (But, we will take sponsorships @$12/month!)
1. Emerald Tablet (Gallery w/events), Fresno Alley (100 feet from RE/Search! in North Beach). emtab.org – lots of free or low cost local community events; check out their schedule! http://emtab.org/ – they’re open during First Fridays North Beach Art Walk… (x12/31/14)
2. METASONIX: Since 1999, the world’s only maker of vacuum-tube music synthesizers. metasonix.com (x4/30/15)
3. From our friends Amy and Brian – “We think RE/Search is great and love to support it.” (x7/31/15)
5. Phil Lenihan, former contributor to Sluggo! and Svengali in the Austin Punk scene, is the proprietor of the Orphic Gallery and curator of the Eight Track Museum in Roxbury, NY. orphicgallery.com (x7/31/2015)
6. Charles H. Kerr Publishing Company – Penelope Rosemont, Chicago Surrealist Group founder. (x5/31/15)
7. Kevin O’Malley+Christie Dames, the High-Heeled Anarchist: TechTalk/Studio: http://techtalkstudio.com + Commonwealth Club, San Francisco. (x4/31/15)
8. realvalueproductions.com a San Francisco music production company creates innovative/original music for YOUR films/videos: CD’s, mp3 downloads, studio session work, soundtracks by ‘Sound Behavior Troupe’—experienced Bay Area musicians (x6/30/15)
9. New release from Koenig’s Road—Single: “Love Supermarket”—”It’s the best damn Country north of Nashvile.” http://koenigsroad.com (x/12/31/14)