Facebook: Become a RE/Search fan on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RESearch-Publications/6940778166 Subscribe to our RSS feed.http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=6940778166 *Twitter: Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/ValeResearch, Instagram Vale_Research and subscribe to Vale’s RSS feed. http://www.researchpubs.com/feed/Here is a link to read the enews newletter online. http://www.researchpubs.com/category/newsletter/++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Physical address since 1979: RE/SEARCH 20 Romolo #B San Francisco CA 94133-4041 415.362.1465www.researchpubs.com | firstname.lastname@example.org+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TO RECEIVE LAST-MINUTE LOCAL S.F. BAY AREA NEWS OF RE/SEARCH-recommended EVENTS, reply to this newsletter & in subject line write “local subscribe”
SPONSORSHIP NEEDED! We are Offering a Few Sponsorships So This Newsletter Can Ensure Continuance. For just $12 per month, you can be one of our sponsors! We ask for a 6-month minimum. If someone is willing to paypal us $72, they will receive a SPONSOR CREDIT and a WEBSITE LISTING plus space for a small message. Sign up for 6 months for $72, $144 for a year, etc. Please patronize our sponsors — listed at end!
SPECIAL REQUEST: At your local library, please ask the librarian to order all of the RE/SEARCH books!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
8. Sponsors (Check ’em out! – they make this newsletter possible!)
————–please add email@example.com to your WHITE LIST in your email preferences, or to your ADDRESS BOOK. If you change your email, send it plus your “old” email address to delete. Lastly, forward our newsletter to your friends! If you are on AOL, please make sure you can receive our newsletter—we get the most returns from addresses at AOL, Hotmail, Comcast and Yahoo! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1A. WHAT WE’VE RECEIVED & EXPERIENCED
- Good design is innovative
- Good design makes a product useful
- Good design is aesthetic
- Good design makes a product understandable
- Good design is unobtrusive
- Good design is honest
- Good design is long-lasting
- Good design is thorough down to the last detail
- Good design is environmentally friendly
- Good design is as little design as possible
Most of us are too busy to sit down and watch a “TV show,” so now (while you’re driving, gardening, walking) you can listen to some of the conversations that happen around the table at the RE/Search office.
Thorsten Schutte [director of Frank Zappa documentary “Eat That Question”
3. FORTHCOMING EVENTS PART 1: (San Francisco unless Otherwise Noted)
() Now through Jan 28, 2018: BAMPFA **BERKELEY** Miyoko Ito Art Show! Also, Jan 17-May 6 BAMPFA has a huge show titled “Way Bay” of Bay Area artists like Bruce Conner, Joan Brown, Jay DeFeo, Richard Diebenkorn, and many others — a must-see! www.bampfa.org
PERENNIAL FORTHCOMINGs to CHECK OUT:
() Support the Roxie Theater: great programming EVERY NIGHT (our opinion). http://www.roxie.com
() Castro Theater: a beautiful Film Palace! Amazing built-into-the-walls pipe organ often played before shows, so get there early… () The Balboa, too! Go OUT to the movies! See films with others & buy popcorn! It’s FUN! () The Embarcadero Theaters: walking distance from RE/Search office. We often go here!
() S.F./BAY AREA EVENTS to Google Regularly: The Long Now Foundation. Goethe Institute. The List (Punk Rock). Dorkbot. Bottom of the Hill. The INdependent. Thee Parkside. The Chapel. Brick & Mortar. ATA Gallery (last “underground” film place?). Mule Gallery. Live Worms Gallery on Grant Avenue. The Lab under Dena Beard. Southern Exposure Gallery under Patricia Maloney. SF Cinematheque under Antonella Bonfanti. Gray Area on Mission St/23rd St: very avant-garde programming; go to their website.
If you would like to be a sponsor, a year costs $144; we ask for a 6-month minimum of $72.
1. BEYOND BAROQUE: Only bookstore in L.A. with a complete stock of RE/SEARCH BOOKS! Please patronize them… (Also, some RE/Search titles at The Pop-Hop in L.A.; thanks, Rhea Tepp!) RE/Search books now at bozomag’s store!
2. V. Vale’s RE/Search Newsletter is cordially sponsored by “Beyond the Beyond. http://archive.wired.com/beyond_the_beyond http://brucesterling.tumblr.com @bruces http://flickr.com/brucesterling “Information Wants To Be Free WE MEAN IT MAN! $0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0 (x6/30/16)
3. “Hicks Metal Design & Production: Supporting creativity in the Bay Area since 1994” (x4-30-18)
DEC 2017 RE/Search eNewsletter #170 written by V. Vale & other contributors. RE/Search website poweredbyhttp://www.laughingsquid.com. Add us (“firstname.lastname@example.org“) to Your Address Book++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Physical Address since May 1979: RE/SEARCH | 20 Romolo #B | San Francisco CA 94133-4041 | 415.362.1465 http://www.researchpubs.com | http://www.myspace.com/researchpubs | email@example.com facebook: “RE/Search Fan Page” twitter: @valeRESearch Instagram: vale_research