Physical address since 1979: RE/SEARCH | 20 Romolo #B | San Francisco CA 94133-4041 | 415.362.1465www.researchpubs.com | email@example.com+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TO RECEIVE LAST-MINUTE LOCAL S.F. BAY AREA NEWS OF RE/SEARCH-recommended EVENTS, reply to this newsletter & in subject line write “local subscribe”____________________—–
SPONSORSHIP NEEDED! We are Offering a Few Sponsorships So This Newsletter Can Ensure Continuance. For just $12 per month, you can be one of our sponsors! We ask for a 6-month minimum. If someone is willing to paypal us $72, they will receive a SPONSOR CREDIT and a WEBSITE LISTING plus space for a small message. Sign up for 6 months for $72, $144 for a year, etc. Please patronize our sponsors — listed at end!
SPECIAL REQUEST: At your local library, please ask the librarian to order all of the RE/SEARCH books!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1A. NEW FROM RE/SEARCH: “It is necessary to travel. It is not necessary to live.” TOUR & DESTROY. Review by Renee Turner.
3. FORTHCOMING EVENTS: RE/Search at APE Show, more…
4. OUR PAST LIFE: The Battery, Belgium & Holland, more…
5. Recommended Links – send us some!
7. Letters from Readers
8. Sponsors (Check ’em out! – they make this possible!)
————–please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your WHITE LIST in your email preferences, or to your ADDRESS BOOK. If you change your email, send it plus your “old” email address to delete. Lastly, forward our newsletter to your friends! If you are on AOL, please make sure you can receive our newsletter—we get the most returns from addresses at AOL, Hotmail, Comcast and Yahoo! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1. MESSAGE FROM YOUR EDITOR:1A. We are a fragile CounterCulture endeavor – More than ever we need YOU to order books direct from us to help us keep going! (www.researchpubs.com) (Haven’t gotten an Amazon order for 2 months, ha ha ha – ever since our “analysis of Amazon as a global monopoly “borg” and enemy/would-be-exterminator of small entrepreneurs such as ourselves. Our latest book is ED HARDY, available from www.researchpubs.com – please buy this treasure trove of unexpected ideas, insights and wisdom from) the world’s great tattoo artist, now retired (but Tattoo City Lives On!). 2. We are also offering a ValuPak of (4) books by the techno-futuristic Austrian collective monochrom – write us at email@example.com & in the subject line write “monochrom ValuPak” and we will send you your own secret coded discount offer, just for YOU!
() NOTE: Our DATING A.I. book on Artificial Inteligence predated the movie HER w/Joaquin Phoenix. In other words, it’s ahead of its time. So is our book on futuristic biotech: On Intercourse and Intracourse, by monochrom.
() You can still pre-order the forthcoming MONTE CAZAZZA zine (limited edition, 50 copies, with 8.5×11″ collage reproduction suitable for framing, signed by Monte Cazazza). Price a whopping $25 (plus $5 shipping; just PayPal $30 to: firstname.lastname@example.org). Why? To benefit RE/Search, of course! Monte Cazazza is one of the big mysteries in the RE/Search canon, and we think it is a miracle he has survived to this day, integrity more-or-less intact! Learn & Destroy… NOTE: Overseas orders add $5 MORE SHIPPING. CALIF residents add 8.75% tax ($2.19).
Here are a few quotes I gleaned from his endless stream:
“Bruce Conner gave me this idea that maybe all undergrounds are the same…”
“It’s so fun to be an amateur anthropologist.”
“So, let me return to this idea that if all undergrounds are the same…well, they aren’t really…”
“Punk is really informed by paranoia.”
“I suppose I’m a skeptical empiricist – or I think that’s what you call it.”
“I’m a huge fan of channeling.”
“What I call Punk Rock is indubitably linked to Surrealism.”
“Oh my gosh you said, “ ‘Cadavre exquis’ – wow, that sounds so much better in French. ‘Exquisite corpse’ just isn’t the same, is it?”
“Forget the idea of the rebel dying young (I hate that…). I say: Live long and keep fighting!”
Watch for it this month as Channel 29 re-airs our shows frequently.The Counter Culture Hour (aka RE/SEARCH TV) is also simulcast ON-LINE as well as on cable access San Francisco Channel 29 — 6pm Pacific Time, Sat Oct 11, 2014. – see this link at broadcast time: http://www.bavc.org/channel29 You need a fairly decent internet connection and computer to “get it.” USA west coast: 6:00 PM Sat Oct 11, 2014 USA; east coast: 9:00 PM Sat Oct 11, 2014. Tokyo: 10:00 AM Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 If you cannot get this online email us at email@example.com See RE/Search channel on youtube: “researchpubs”V. Vale interviewing Rudy Rucker is now on vimeo: http://vimeo.com/82404988
3. FORTHCOMING EVENTS (San Francisco unless Otherwise Noted)
1. DIANE DI PRIMA! The Beat Legend sponsored us for 6 months – THANK YOU, DIANE! [x10/14)
2. 47 Canal Street (Gallery w/events, NYC) – 47CanalStreet.com go visit & say RE/Search sent you!
3. Emerald Tablet (Gallery w/events), Fresno Alley (100 feet from RE/Search! in North Beach). emtab.org – lots of free or low cost local community events; check out their schedule! http://emtab.org/ – they’re open during First Fridays North Beach Art Walk… (x12/31/14)
4. METASONIX: Since 1999, the world’s only maker of vacuum-tube music synthesizers. metasonix.com
5. From our friends Amy and Brian – they have a new software in the works, watch for it! tastysnakes.com (x7/31/15)
6. V. Vale’s RE/Search Newsletter is cordially sponsored by “Beyond the Beyond.”Information Wants To Be Free WE MEAN IT MAN! $0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0 http://blog.wired.com/sterling
7. Phil Lenihan, former contributor to Sluggo! and Svengali in the Austin Punk scene, is the proprietor of the Orphic Gallery and curator of the Eight Track Museum in Roxbury, NY. orphicgallery.com (x7/31/2015)
8. Charles H. Kerr Publishing Company – Penelope Rosemont, Chicago Surrealist Group founder. (x5/31/15)
9. Kevin O’Malley+Christie Dames, the High-Heeled Anarchist: TechTalk/Studio: http://techtalkstudio.com + Commonwealth Club, San Francisco. (x4/31/15)
10. Emily Armstrong/Pat Ivers’ pioneering 1st generation NYC 1975-80 punk videos! http://gonightclubbing.com see ’em yourself @ NYU Fales Library Downtown Collection, debut: Oct 2013
11. The doomfiles: http://obsidianrook.com/doomfiles/UNINTENDED.html
12. “The FruitGuys loves Re/Search! Eat healthy at work, save family farms.guys.com, born in North Beach in 1998.” (x11/30/14)
13. realvalueproductions.com a San Francisco music production company creates innovative/original music for YOUR films/videos: CD’s, mp3 downloads, studio session work, soundtracks by ‘Sound Behavior Troupe’—experienced Bay Area musicians (x6/30/15)
14. New release from Koenig’s Road—Single: “Love Supermarket”—”It’s the best damn country north of Nashvile.” http://koenigsroad.com (x/12/31/14)OCTOBER 2014 RE/Search eNewsletter #131 written by V. Vale & other contributors. RE/Search website poweredbyhttp://www.laughingsquid.com. Add us (“firstname.lastname@example.org“) to Your Address Book